Puerto Madryn is not only a destination to visit during the whales season. It is also…
Puerto Madryn is the epicenter of activities related to the sea. The town, in fact, was declared Argentina’s Diving Capital. One of the favorite activities of tourists is scubadiving with sea lions, a unique and amazing experience.
This activity is performed throughout the year in ten underwater parks and different shipwrecks of the Golfo Nuevo. Only 17 km/11 miles away from Puerto Madryn is Punta Loma, a rookery of Southern Sea lions.
Tourists embark and after a navigation of 20 minutes approximately is located the diving area. Once there only in high tide, snorkel or self-contained will interact with sea lions and enjoy a stunning experience by way of first-hand contact with one the most friendly marine animals. In the area there is a stable colony of more than 700 sea lions. The dive lasts 45 minutes, maximum time stipulated by the authorities of the reserve. You can also see wrecks.
You can make dives underwater baptism, as well as courses and various daily and nightly expeditions to see the flora and fauna. And for those who have no experience in diving or do not dare to the depth of the sea you can enjoy this tour snorkeling from the surface since the sea lions also swim there.
- Company: Argentina Visión.
- Address: Av. Roca 536, Puerto Madryn, Chubut.
- Snorkelling AR$ 2431. From 01/06 to 15/9/2016.
- Diving AR$ 1436. From 01/06 to 15/9/2016.
- Rates do not include meals or drinks.
- The tour departs between 7.30 and 8 am approximately. It is recommended to book in advance.
- Telephone: +54 280 4455888 – 4456888.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 to 20:30.
- Saturday: 09:00 to 12:30 – 17:00 to 20:30.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.argentinavision.com