Huaca Pucllana was one of the administrative ceremonial centers of the Lima culture, which developed between the years 200 and 700 d. c. Several villagers occupied this site, from the Limas until the Waris and the Ychmas. It has been more than 30 years in restoration and it is believed that it will take much time to be completely restored. Today it is an archaeological site located in the District of Miraflores in Lima, which has an exhibition hall, circuit of visits and other attractions. This site is to witness the living history of Lima and Perú.
Huaca Pucllana is built almost entirely with adobe and filled with pebbles and sand. Basically has two distinct zones: the great pyramid and its squares and a lower part formed by squares with sidewalks. Each of these two areas had different functionality: the pyramid was intended to be a place of worship while the lower part is associated with daily or direct treatment-related activities with the population.
The Pucllana Huaca site Museum was created in 1984, as a result of the research initiated in 1981 to safeguard archaeological recovered objects and maintain a presence on the site that will ensure its conservation.
Useful information about Huaca Pucllana
Guided visits are included in the price of admission. It carries out in groups in order of arrival, in English and Spanish. It includes a visit to the hall and the tour of the archaeological site, with lats between 45 and 75 minutes.
- General Borgoño Street. s/n, 8, Miraflores (Lima 18, Perú).
- Day Service
- From Wednesday to Monday – 9:00 to 17:00 h.
- General admission: S/12.00
- Reduced entrance *: S/6.00
- Children up to 12 years
- School Students: S/1.00
- Night Service
- Wednesday to Sunday from 19:00 to 22:00 h.
- General admission: S/15.00
- Reduced entrance *: S/7.50
- Children up to 12 years
- A restaurant with the same name where you can taste the traditional Peruvian cuisine and admire the lighted ruins is located next to the ruins.
- One morning is enough to take the tour.
- Take sunscreen and water to maintain hydration during the walk.
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://huacapucllanamiraflores.pe/
Somos una cadena de hoteles 4 estrellas superior.
Una opción moderna orientada tanto al turismo corporativo como al recreativo.
Nuestros 9 hoteles, en 6 ciudades diferentes, tiene ubicaciones estratégicas y privilegiadas sobre avenidas principales, zonas gastronómicas, culturales y comerciales.
Vení a vivir el mundo Dazzler.
Latest posts by Dazzler Hoteles (see all)
- 5 options to enjoy an After office in Lima - 22 October, 2019
- Rooftop bars: 5 after office con las mejores vistas de Buenos Aires - 15 October, 2019
- Show de Tango: El Viejo Almacén celebra sus 50 años - 9 October, 2019