Puerto Madryn is not only a destination to visit during the whales season. It is also…
Recoleta is considered the most elegant neighbourhood and one of the most popular tourist neighborhoods of the city of Buenos Aires. It has huge green spaces, luxurious shopping malls, monuments and art. There are located the Museum of Fine Arts, Recoleta Cementery, Recoleta Cultural Center, France Square, the National Library, the Buenos Aires Design, the Church Our Lady of Pilar and Generic Floralis Monument, among other attractions. We recommend the top 5 things to do in Recoleta.
The Top 5 Things to do in Recoleta
1) Visit the Museum of Fine Arts
It is one of the most important museums in Latin America and it has the largest collection of Argentine art in the country. Within the heritage of international art of the Museum there are art works by El Greco, Goya, Rembrandt, Cezanne and Picasso. In the collection of the National Museum of Fine Arts you can also see works by nationals painters such as Petorutti, Berni, Xul Solar and Castagnino, Quinquela Martín. The Museum also has a room of photography, one of pre-Columbian Andean art, two terraces of sculptures and a library of 150,000 copies.
- Address: Av. Del Libertador 1473.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday to Friday from 11 to 20. Saturdays and Sundays from 10 to 20. Monday: closed.
- Free Entrance.
- Web: http://www.bellasartes.gob.ar/
2) Attend an exhibition at Centro Cultural Recoleta
Here you will find multiple samples, ranging from modern art to music, cartoon and theatre. The Recoleta Cultural Center offers courses and seminars. It also has a very large terrace with beautiful views of the Park and the neighborhood.
- Address: Junín 1930.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 14.00 to 21.00 hours. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, from 10.00 to 21.00 hours.
- Free Entrance.
- Web: http://www.centroculturalrecoleta.org/nuevositio/
3) Guided tour through the Recoleta Cemetery
The Recoleta cemetery is one of the main attractions of the city of Buenos Aires as the tourist Observatory. It presents an important architectural value because more than 90 of the vaults were declared a National Historic Landmark and it is chosen by politicians, intellectuals and public figures for their final rest.
This cemetery is a must-see for tourists visiting the city, curious and lovers of photography by making it possible to create unique postcards.
- Address: Junín 1760.
- Opening Hours: Every day from 8.00 to 18.00 pm.
- Free Entrance.
- Web: http://www.cementeriorecoleta.com.ar/
- For more information: Visit to the Recoleta Cementery
4) Shopping at the Buenos Aires Design
Buenos Aires Design, as its name implies, is a design-related shopping. Indeed, it is the first and only shopping mall entirely devoted to design, construction, equipment and decoration.
- Address: It is located 100 mts from Dazzler Recoleta in Pueyrredón and Av. El Libertador.
- Opening hours: The shopping mall is open from Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 9 pm and on Sundays and holidays from 12 to 9 pm.
- TIP: In addition many tourists choose Buenos Aires Design because here it is located the first Latin American branch of the well-known international chain: Hard Rock Cafe. The restaurant is open from Sunday to Thursday from 12 pm to 1 am and Friday and Saturday from 12 pm to 2 am while the shop is open from Sunday to Thursday from 11 am to 12 am and Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 12:30 am.
- For more information: Shopping at the Buenos Aires Design
5) Visit El Ateneo
This library is really a blessing! Beautiful, simply don’t want to get out of it. For lovers of reading, it is a library that occupies an old and huge theater that is priceless! The historical and cultural value is immeasurable and also still has a café piano bar, which it is located on the stage of the ancient theatre. It is really a wonderful place to learn.
- Address: Santa Fe Av. 1860.
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 22 pm. Friday and Saturday 9-00 pm. Sunday 12 am to 22 pm.