In this post we share you information about what to visit in Asunción: 3 historical places to explore in Asunción.
What to visit in Asunción: 3 places to explore
1) The National Pantheon of Heroes
Inspired by the Palace of the Invalides in France (Les Invalides), today it is the final resting place of the most important people of the Paraguayan history. It opens its doors every day from 05:45 with the flag raising. There is a guide service that operates from 08:00 until 12:00 Monday to Saturday. The flag drop is at 17:00 every day with a touch of Horn and a small Act, except Sundays whose closing time is at noon.
- Address: Palma and Chile.
2) López Palace
The Government Palace or Presidential Palace of Paraguay is one of the most emblematic buildings with beautiful neoclassical architecture that dominates the city. Also in the vicinity are located the Atlantic Park, with beautiful views of the River, the gunboat Humaitá and the port of Asunción. Definitely it is a must see at night.
- Address: El Paraguayo Independiente entre Ayolas y Juan E. O`Leary
- Telephone: +595.21.4140200.
3) The Catedral
Located in the historic center of the capital, the Cathedral is the most important of the city. Symbol of Catholic influence in the colonization of the Paraguay, worth enter and see a part of the historical past of the city. This Cathedral has undergone several transformations since the year 1539 until today.
- Address: Plaza de la Independencia y Mariscal Lopez.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00 pm.
Somos una cadena de hoteles 4 estrellas superior.
Una opción moderna orientada tanto al turismo corporativo como al recreativo.
Nuestros 9 hoteles, en 6 ciudades diferentes, tiene ubicaciones estratégicas y privilegiadas sobre avenidas principales, zonas gastronómicas, culturales y comerciales.
Vení a vivir el mundo Dazzler.
Latest posts by Dazzler Hoteles (see all)
- 5 options to enjoy an After office in Lima - 22 October, 2019
- Rooftop bars: 5 after office con las mejores vistas de Buenos Aires - 15 October, 2019
- Show de Tango: El Viejo Almacén celebra sus 50 años - 9 October, 2019