The most important annual literary event in the Spanish speaking world. Each April, more than one million readers from all over Latin America visit the premises and take part of the thousand-plus literary events they organize. In this post we share you all the information that you need about the 43rd Edition: how to get, when to go, tickets and discount prices.
International Book Fair of Buenos Aires 2017 (43rd Edition)
The Fair offers a 20-days-long Literary Festival that has become a meeting place for all readers. It carries out a complete cultural program including conferences, readings, workshops and book presentations.
The Fair is organized by the Fundación El Libro, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the book and the habit of reading. This year the fair celebrates its 43rd edition and is the most important cultural event in South America.
During the first three days the fair is dedicated exclusively to the publishing industry and the training of professionals. After that it opens to the public and becomes a true city of books, with more than 48 thousand square meters of exhibition, 1500 cultural activities and about 500 exhibitors from more than forty countries.
The best option to not miss any activity of the 43rd Edition is to check the online schedule, which contains all events updated day by day, from the web site.
Useful Information about the International Book Fair of Buenos Aires 2017 (43rd Edition)
- La Rural. Av. Santa Fe 4201.
- From April 27 to May 15, 2017.
- Monday to Friday from 14:00 to 22: 00
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday 1. ° of may from 13:00 to 22:00
- It will be on Saturday, April 29 and entry will be free starting at 21:00. There will be shows, special events and surprises.
Tickets and discount prices
- Every day for children up to 12 years, school visits and people with disabilities.
- Monday (with the exception of the 1. ° of May) to Friday for teachers, students, retirees and pensioners.
- Monday to Thursday (except Monday 1 May): $70.-
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays: $100.-
- Promotional pass for 3 visits (valid for a single visitor on 3 different days): $150.-
How to get?
- Lines: 10, 12, 15, 21, 29, 34, 36, 37, 39, 41, 55, 57, 59, 60, 67, 68, 93, 95, 111, 118, 160, 161, 188, 197.
- The station “Italy Square” of the “D” line is a few meters of the fair.