In this post we tell you everything you need to know to travel to Lima, Peru.
Tips for your trip to Lima
How to get to Lima
- By plane
The Jorge Chávez International Airport is located in the province of Callao, 40 minutes from the city of Lima. The capital, has direct flights or with scales from major cities in the world. To search for cheap flights to Lima click here.
- Peru is basically a country of open doors. The entry into Peru for Citizens of most American and Western European countries does not require a tourist visa. The maximum period of stay granted by the authorities is 183 days (cannot be extended).
- For longer periods of time for other purposes (business, study, work, etc.) it is necessary to apply for the corresponding visa at a Peruvian consulate.
- In order to enter Peru it is indispensible to carry a valid passport. Citizens of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia, Venezuela and Chile may enter with their valid national identification document.
- Peru has one time zone -5h, GMT
- The “Nuevo Sol” (S/.) is the official currency of Peru. There are notes of the following denominations: 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 soles. Coins are 10, 20 and 50 cents, as well as 1, 2 and 5 Nuevos Soles.
- Countless shops, restaurants, hotels and gas stations accept US Dollars. It is possible to exchange currency in banks and currency exchange agencies. There are also “cambistas” street currency exchangers, but the safety of the transaction is not guaranteed.
- Currency exchange agencies are regularly open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, from Monday to Friday, and half day on Saturdays
- Most cities in the country have ATMs connected in most cases to Plus (Visa), Cirrus (MasterCard/Maestro), American Express and other networks. You may withdraw Nuevos Soles or US Dollars, although the exchange rates tend to be less favorable.
What to bring
- Regardless of the time of year and place that you visit on your trip to Peru, it is recommended to bring warm clothes, cotton shirts, footwear sports, a good sunscreen and a hat.
- There are no mandatory vaccines for entry into Peru.
- There are shows, shows, concerts and performances varied in pubs, night clubs, penalties, and other local specialty shows of regional music for tourists.
- Do you like adventure sports and adrenaline? Would you like to experience the feeling of flying? Lima stands out for its gastronomy and its history but also attracts many tourists in search of adventure. For lovers of paragliding Lima is a very desired place.
Somos una cadena de hoteles 4 estrellas superior.
Una opción moderna orientada tanto al turismo corporativo como al recreativo.
Nuestros 9 hoteles, en 6 ciudades diferentes, tiene ubicaciones estratégicas y privilegiadas sobre avenidas principales, zonas gastronómicas, culturales y comerciales.
Vení a vivir el mundo Dazzler.
Latest posts by Dazzler Hoteles (see all)
- 5 options to enjoy an After office in Lima - 22 October, 2019
- Rooftop bars: 5 after office con las mejores vistas de Buenos Aires - 15 October, 2019
- Show de Tango: El Viejo Almacén celebra sus 50 años - 9 October, 2019