Today we tell you about 21.02 Resto & Lounge, the restaurant inside the Dazzler Lima…
Do you like adventure sports and adrenaline? Would you like to experience the feeling of flying? Lima stands out for its gastronomy and its history but also attracts many tourists in search of adventure. For lovers of paragliding Lima is a very desired place.
There are several specialized companies that provide the service with instructors registered with the Peruvian Association of Free Flying.
Very near to Lima you will find different alternatives to fly. We share you the best places to make paragliding in Lima:
- Miraflores: It is located 6 km from the center of Lima and it is the most known and popular area for paragliding. It takes off from the Raimondi Park to the side of the Park of the Love located in the malecon. From the air you will enjoy a privileged view where you can see the sea and the circuit of beaches known as Costa Verde and Miraflores district with its tall buildings and shopping centre. The flight lasts about 10 minutes and you can reach a maximum height of 250 meters.
- Pachacamac: It is located 36 km south of the center of Lima. In this place is carried out the National Championship of Paragliding and it is a place very visited by local and foreigners pilots that wait until pass the winter to enjoy this wonderful place. Maximum heights of 1000 meters is reaching and flights may have a duration of 20 minutes approximately. The best season for paragliding in this area is from November to April and the best time is between 10 am to 5 pm. From the top you’ll see the beautiful valley and the slopes of the mountains.
- Pasamayo: It is located at 55 km to the North of Lima, one hour by bus. This area is ideal for people with experience in paragliding. You can reach higher altitudes of 1000 metres and it is characterized by a dynamic flight.
- Lurín: It is located just 40 minutes from Lima. The flight season lasts all year round and the maximum height is 50 meters. The fly lasts approximately 5 minutes on the dunes of Lurin. Depending on your experience can be with or without instructor.
- Cerro San Cristóbal: It is the last paraport installed on the more emblematic hill of Lima. From there you can fly over the historic centre of Lima. Located in the Rimac district, this place has become the favorite place of paragliders from around the world, by its high altitude, excellent geographical location and history. Classes are conducted by the Peruvian champion of paragliding, Juan Ortiz Osorio.
Useful information about Paragliding in Lima
- It normally flies between 11 am and 5 pm but it may vary, depending on the season and weather.
- No need to know anything about flights, just enjoy the moment. The glider will be handled by a certified pilot.
- Most of the companies also offers photo and video service.
- It is an adventure sport safe but not suitable for people who suffer from heart disease, neural, or phobia of heights.
- What to bring: Sports and comfortable clothes, jacket coat (remember that you’re at high altitude), slippers,
Some companies to do paragliding in Lima
Among the companies that offer flights in gliders in Miraflores, Lurín, Pachacamac and Pacasmayo are: Kuntur Fly, Aero Extreme, Peru Fly, Infinity, Andean Trail, Paragliding Tours, Saksay Perú. From Cerro San Cristobál, Viento Sur offers this service. You can visit their websites to learn about their prices and availability.